After-school and holiday club
Kidscene is an after-school and holiday club in Edinburgh with a difference.
It is a priority for us to welcome children with visual impairment. We want every child to get the opportunity to try new things, make new friends and go on adventures. We are proud to be a fully accessible and inclusive place to learn and play.
As leaders in inclusive play and learning, we want to enable more children with disabilities to access and be included in opportunities.
Get in touch today
If you have questions about our after-school or holiday club, or would like to make a booking, email firstname.lastname@example.org or use the contact form below.
What does Kidscene after school club offer?
Kidscene's after school is open to children with and without disabilities. Every day, after school, you can find us getting stuck into lots of different games and activities. No two days are at the same at Kidscene. We will be:
- Learning new skills and discovering new things.
- Having fun and going on big adventures.
- Making friends.
A holiday club with a difference
On the lookout for a club for your visually impaired child? Our holiday club is tailor made to exclusively support children with sight loss and their siblings.
A wide range of exciting activities are available and delivered by the Kidscene team, who are all trained to support children with visual impairments. We’ll keep your little ones entertained and active with an ever-changing menu of creative, adventurous and active challenges.
"Reuben loves the after-school club. He comes home full of news about the activities he’s been doing and the staff that have been looking after him.
"Kidscene accommodate his allergy so well. I really appreciate all the effort that the manager and the team put in to be inclusive. He tells me about the chocolate milk, biscuits, cheese and crackers and all the other food ‘which is just like the other children’.
"It means so much to him, and us that he doesn’t feel ‘different’ at afterschool club."
Kidscene After School Club
Address: 43 Canaan Lane, Edinburgh EH10 4SG
Telephone: 0131 446 3136
hello [at] sightscotland.org.uk (Email Kidscene )
Useful to know about Kidscene
• If you would like a place at our after school or holiday club, please complete our online contact us form to enquire about availability.
• We will contact you by email or telephone to arrange a visit in order to give you and your child/children the opportunity to meet our staff and to look around the facilities.
• During your visit we will give you a paper application form to complete. If you would like to book a place, please complete the application form and return it to Kidscene.
• Once the paper application form has been returned to us, we will contact you to confirm your place.
Our after school club is open during term time:
• Monday-Thursday 14.30 - 18.00 • Friday 11.30 - 18.00.
We are closed on bank holidays.
Our school holiday clubs in the February, Easter, Summer and October breaks follow Edinburgh school session dates. We are open Tuesday-Thursday, 8.30am-4.30pm.
For our after school club, we collect children from local primary schools. Children from other schools are welcome to be dropped off.
Kidscene aims to keep costs to a minimum, so please ensure fees are paid promptly.
After school club fees: The current fee for our after school club is £20.50 per child per session Monday to Thursday and £27 for a Friday session.
We accept child-care vouchers.
Holiday club fees: The daily fee for our Holiday Club is £43 per child.
121 to sessions are an additional cost.
Our fees are reviewed on an annual basis and may be subject to change.
Fees for the after school club are paid monthly in advance by cash, bank transfer, cheque, direct debit or online.
The registration form provided during your initial visit includes a direct debit mandate. Alternatively, we can send you a link to make a payment online.
Once your place is confirmed, you can request online payment by contacting our Finance team using the enquiry form below. Non-payment for more than one month will result in your place being terminated, and we reserve the right to add a £12 payment charge for every month the payment is overdue
To ensure fairness in the holiday club booking process:
• All holiday booking forms will be sent by post on the same day (for both term time and holiday only users). If it is your first time at Kidscene, you will be given a holiday booking form along with your registration form when you visit.
• We will only accept signed paper copies of booking forms from parents. The web form is only for enquiries.
• Please return your booking form to Kidscene as soon as possible as places are on a first come, first served basis. Children with visual impairment will always be given priority.
• We will number and date each form we receive and offer places accordingly.
• If you have not secured a place, we will write to tell you.
• If you have secured a place, we will write to you requesting payment. Please note no place is secured until full advance payment has been made.
• Once your booking is secured and paid for, no money will be refunded and no changes can be made to your booking. Re-enrolment for the after-school club is required at the end of the summer term.
"When Will first attended Kidscene he would find some of the noisy environments very stressful. Will would seek out a quieter area of Kidscene to play with a staff member on his own.
"Over time though, we have been delighted to see Will making great progress in mixing with other children. He has built some wonderful friendships with several children who attend Kidscene.
"Now, he enjoys spending time with his friends in the garden and in the playrooms."