Over two centuries of support
We have been supporting people who are blind or partially sighted for over 225 years. From those who so generously leave us a gift in their will, to those who donate what they can when they can, our supporters place a huge trust in us.
We are determined to repay them by using their money to help as many people as we can with sight loss and their families.
Our commitment to you
We value the support of donors, and understand the need to balance our duties to beneficiaries with our duties to donors.
That’s why we have signed up to the Fundraising Guarantee and make this commitment to our donors. We will comply with the law as it applies to charities and fundraising and we commit that we will guarantee to adhere to best practice as outlined in the Fundraising Code of Practice.
- We will monitor fundraisers, volunteers and third parties working with us to raise funds, ensuring that they also comply with this Code of Practice.
- We guarantee to operate in line with the values of the Code: to be legal, open, honest and respectful in all our fundraising.
To promote and underpin these values, we commit to the following standards:
- We will be clear about who we are and what we do.
- We will give a clear explanation of how you can make a gift, and how to change or stop a regular donation.
- If you do not want to give or wish to cease giving, we will respect your decision.
- We will respect your rights and privacy.
Respecting your privacy
We have a procedure for dealing with people in vulnerable circumstances and it will be published on our website, or will otherwise be available on request.
- We will hold your data securely.
- We will communicate with you in accordance with your selected preferences.
- We commit to ensuring that our complaints procedure is clear and easily accessible and we will provide a clear and evidence based reasons for our decisions on complaints.
Get in touch
If you feel we have not adhered to these standards, or think we could do better, please contact Davina Shiell on 0131 229 1456 or email email@example.com and we will deal with your complaint quickly and thoroughly.
We commit to ensuring our complaints process is clear and easily accessible and we will provide clear and evidence based reasons for our decisions on complaints.
However, should you be dissatisfied with our response, you will be able to take this further by contacting the Fundraising Complaints Hub on 0808 164 2520 or firstname.lastname@example.org