We support people to learn or re-gain essential living skills following a diagnosis of sight loss.
How we can help
We are here to help you keep doing the everyday things that are important to you, develop essential skills to live safely at home, and to navigate the world with confidence.
Our team has a wealth of knowledge to help support and empower you to regain or maintain your independence. We can:
- Assess your vision and how this affects your daily life
- Provide information about your sight loss to help you to understand how your condition affects you
- Help you identify what specific challenges and practical difficulties you are experiencing
- Assess your contrast and lighting needs inside your home and outdoors
- Work with your family to help them gain an understanding of how you have been impacted by sight loss and provide you with some strategies to help.
With your help, we can devise a vison rehabilitation programme which can include:
- Helping you get around both indoors and outdoors
- Maintaining or improving important daily living skills such as cooking and personal care
- Providing one-to-one training in useful tech, like magnifiers and screen readers.
Talk to us free on 0131 385 7488
9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday
Get in touch
You may also be interested in
Thanks to the amazing fundraisers who took on the Edinbugh Kiltwalk, we now have enough funds to purchase a new Innowalk machine for children at the Royal Blind School to use!