What's in it for you?
Our people do essential work, and we believe it's vital to care for and invest in them. We want everyone at Sight Scotland and Sight Scotland Veterans to be able to thrive at work.
As an employer, we can offer you a range of excellent benefits - making sure you are well supported in wellbeing, career development, and financially.
Our financial benefits
We recognise the value of your contribution to our cause.
A generous pension scheme
We help you plan for your future through our pension scheme, which is run by Royal London.
- Your contributions start at 3% of your salary, while our employer contributions start at 6%.
- You can increase contributions, and we'll double it up to a maximum employer contribution of 12%.
- Because our pension scheme is a salary sacrifice scheme, you don't pay tax on your contributions.
Our teachers' pension is administered by the Scottish Public Pensions Agency.
Discounts and savings
You could access exclusive employee discounts such as:
- Cycle to Work scheme - save up to 47% on the cost of a new bike or equipment and enjoy a healthier, greener commute.
- Discounts for Carers, a free online service offering savings on holidays, fashion, gym memberships and even your weekly shop.
- Perks at Work - available through our Employee Assistance Programme, this scheme offers discounts of up to 25% on name brands. Save on home and garden, electronics, groceries and entertainment.
- Discounted cinema tickets through Filmpass Club.
SCVO Credit Union
You could join the SCVO Credit Union to save, borrow and plan.
The SCVO Credit Union is a not-for-profit financial co-operative. They provide responsive, helpful and effective services to help you manage your money.
Protecting your finances
We offer enhanced company sick pay after six months service.
All colleagues are offered a Death in Service benefit of four times their annual salary.
Supporting your wellbeing
We want everyone to feel supported, healthy and happy at work and beyond. We make sure that you can access support when you need it - and our family-friendly policies make this a great place to work.
Employee Assistance Programme
To make sure you get the support you need, when you need it, you can access our Employee Assistance Programme through Workplace Options.
It's a free service, available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. You can access confidential support including counselling, information, guidance and referrals on any work, personal or family issue.
We are proud to support our colleagues in their roles as parents and care givers.
- To support you when things happen in your family life, we offer two days paid dependants leave, and two days carers leave per year.
- Our Maternity, Paternity, Adoption and Shared Parental Leave are paid above the statutory rates.
Paid time off for medical and dental appointments
We don't want colleagues to worry about taking time to visit the doctor or dentist. So, we offer paid time off for essential appointments.
Supporting your learning and development
We're constantly reviewing the learning and development opportunities that are available to colleagues at Sight Scotland and Sight Scotland Veterans. From day one, we want to help you thrive.
- A comprehensive induction programme, to help you learn about your role, our organisation and our values, and connect with colleagues.
- Access to an online learning portal, where you can complete e-learning, book on to training, and keep a record of your learning and training.
- Role-specific training programmes to help you continue your development at your own pace.
- Ongoing support from your line manager to identify professional development opportunities.
Want to work with us? Find out what roles are available now, and apply.